Marketing and Business Development Officer
Salary: £18-24,000 D.O.E plus potential shareholding and commission options.
Winterwell Associates are an Edinburgh based software development studio and consultancy. With a focus on social media interaction and analysis through our key offering, SoDash, Winterwell have worked with brands and organisations such as the SQA, Harrods, Selfridges, and Virgin Trains. As our objectives pivot towards small business markets, we’re looking for a new Marketing and Business Development Officer to oversee the commercial operations of a high-potential start-up in Edinburgh’s growing technology scene.
Duties and Objectives will include;
– Developing and implementing a multi-channel marketing strategy
– Building and evaluating our sales funnel, driving targeted and relevant traffic to our site
– Taking a lead role in commercial innovation, and exploring new channels
– Account management for key clients, maintaining high levels of customer service
– Networking and building relationships with the local community
– Occasional Finance and Administration
– Being involved in the testing and deployment of new releases and builds, ensuring a quality product reaches customers from a non-technical perspective.
– Reporting on commercial aspects of the business to the CTO
The ideal candidate will have:
– A degree in a related discipline to the role, related to software development, or suitable experience outside of education
– 1-3 years experience in a similar role
– Good communication skills, comfortable over phone, e-mail and social
– Good quality writing skills, able to communicate with a varied audience across a range of subjects.
– Monitoring and controlling budgets, making sure that commercial spend is frugal, but never cheap.
– High quality planning and workload management skills.
– Experience producing copy and graphics (LibreOffice/MS Word, Photoshop/GIMP, Final Cut and video editing experience a bonus)
How to apply
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching:
– Your CV
– A portfolio of your work (if available)
– A link to your LinkedIn profile
– Any other relevant information that you feel would enhance your application
We’ll endeavour to respond within 48hrs regarding next steps, and look forward to hearing from you!